Shopping For The Best Window Tinting In Charleston
Be an informed buyer!
At Pleasant Details we care about our customers and the cars they drive. We only install the best films that will provide years of comfort and superior performance! When it comes to window tinting and Clear bra, you get what you pay for in most cases. Below are a few things to consider when shopping for widow tinting in Mt pleasant and the Charleston area!
The articles below will provide you with vital information about tinting and tinting practices that will help you make a knowledgeable purchasing decision.
Benefits of Tinting – Find out why you should tint. What are the real advantages to tinting?
Educate Yourself Before Buying – Learn what you need to know before choosing a tint for your car. Know the differences in tints and applications methods before buying.
A Few Questions to Ask When Choosing a Tinting Shop - Be an informed shopper!
Frequently Asked Questions About Window Tinting – Commonly asked questions regarding Window Tinting.
Benefits of Tinting
Heat rejection and a custom look for your auto are the two outstanding reasons most people consider auto window tinting. In the last few years several of the major manufacturers involved in making window film have gone to great expense in developing a product that gives heat rejection rates of over 69%. These high performance products, usually referred to as reflective, hybrid, metalized or ceramic films, generally carry a lifetime warranty against turning purple, bubbling and peeling, as well as a special scratch resistant coating. The scratch resistant coating can protect your investment from every day use of rolling the windows up and down. Along with the enhanced performance and warranties available with quality metalized films, you can also be assured of the great custom look window tinting will give your car.
Glare reduction and protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays that harm you and your cars interior are also excellent reasons to purchase tinting. Whether it’s the blinding glare of the sun or the friendly interstate tailgater, tinted windows can be an answer to the problem. Medical experts and auto upholstery technicians both have long known what the damaging UV rays from the sun, even on cloudy days, can do to our skin and auto interior! NO MORE – - today’s quality tinting materials eliminate up to 99% of these UV rays before they can get into your auto.
Tinting has always been associated with increased security for your auto, what a thief does not or cannot see usually will be left alone! Recently, some window film manufacturers have introduced safety tinting that can strengthen your windows to a point even a baseball bat wielding thief will have a tough time breaking into your auto through the windows. A somewhat overlooked safety aspect is in the event of an auto accident, window tinting can help shattered glass hold together helping to prevent it from spraying the inside of the auto with sharp splinters of glass.
Last, but certainly an important consideration in your decision to purchase tinting, would be the years of comfort a quality tinting product will give you and your auto. Dollar for dollar, window tinting for your car improves the looks and protects your interior better than any other aftermarket product available anywhere!
Every day thousands of people make what they think will be a simple decision – to have tinting applied to their vehicle’s windows. The decision can quickly become complicated when they start shopping around. To start, within many local markets, the installed price can vary over $100 from one shop to the next for tinting the same vehicle. Then there are the different kinds of tinting from various manufacturers – non-reflective, hybrid, full metal, titanium, stainless steel – with colors ranging from bluish to gray or charcoal to the coffee brown found in bronze/stainless steel tints.
There are also different installation methods. Some shops leave a small gap or micro-edge at the top of the roll down windows, while other shops take the tinting all the way to the edge of the glass when the window is rolled down. The latter method looks much better, but can cost more because of the extra time involved in installation. Rear windows can usually be formed from one piece of tinting material. The one-piece rear window installation, when possible is preferable over the rear window being installed in several pieces. One-piece rear windows can also cost more due to the extra time and expertise needed for this type of tinting installation.
The price each shop charges for vehicles can depend on several variables.
Three of the most important are:
- Brand Name
- Type of material used
- Quality of the installation itself
The major tinting manufacturers usually have three different qualities of tinting materials available to the local tinting shops.
- The lowest quality is referred to as a non-reflective/dyed material. This type of tinting, usually the cheapest, has the shortest guarantee, and has a tendency to turn purple and form bubbles over time.
- Next is the hybrid or high performance tinting which is the best selling product nationwide. Hybrid tinting is referred to as a reflective product, but don’t let the term reflective confuse you. This type of tinting has a slightly different appearance and color from the non-reflective. The big difference is hybrid tinting rejects much more solar heat and the product warranties are much better than the standard non-reflective products. Most major tinting manufacturers offer extended or lifetime warranties for the hybrid/high performance products.
- The next grades of products are the relatively new full metal or ceramic tinting materials. These products usually have the same or slightly higher solar hear rejection statistics when compared to hybrid tinting materials. The warranties for full metal tinting are usually lifetime and some include a clause against fading of the material over an extended period of time. The higher reflective qualities of full metal tinting products are objectionable to some buyers. Care should be taken in choosing what type of tinting material best suits your needs.
To make your final decision on who will tint your windows, there are a few questions you should ask your local tinting shops. Based on the information found in this section, you should be able to make an informed decision that will add comfort, beauty, safety and value to your auto for years to come.
Questions you should ask when shopping for window tinting in Charleston, South Carolina:
1. How many cars do you tint? How long will it take?
2. Can I see examples of your work? How long have you been in business/tinting?
3. What are the local laws?
4. What is the guarantee?
5. What brand and type tinting does the price include? Make sure you understand the warranty for the type of film quoted.
6. How do you finish the top edge of roll down windows? Is there a gap, or no gap?
7. Will the rear window be installed in one piece?
For more information please call Pleasant Details at 843 568 0247 or visit Www.PleasantDetails.com
Located at 875 Walt Miller Rd Mt Pleasant SC 29464